Re: [TowerTalk] TET Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TET Antenna
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@k0xp.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 14:22:33 -0700
On 4/6/2024 1:44 PM, Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:
On the tower I just bought was a TET 4 element antenna.  It appears to
use a dual driven element and then a two directors.  It appears that
one of the directors is for 10m.  Traps are small so I don't think it
can handle legal power.  This was probably purchased in the 90's.
Does anyone have a clue what it might be.

The coax on the tower was awful.  The jacket was cracked all over.  No
clue what the brand etc. It is a crank over tower.  I was shocked that
the coax was never replaced.

Sounds like some poor sod who blew his wad on the tower and beam, but
then tossed those couple of dB antenna gain out the window by buying the
absolute cheapest coax he could find. All he really bought for his few
kilobux was a little bit of directivity and likely not even that, if the
coax also had minimal shield coverage.

Steve, K0XP