[TowerTalk] MA-550 Installation

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-550 Installation
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 22:05:26 -0600
The tubular tower that I was looking for is actually a MA-550. The UST documents call for a hole 3x3x6 deep for the base.  I would prefer to use a 36 inch auger.  Has anyone done this?   The hole would need to be 7.64 ft deep to account for the rounding of the corners to achieve the 2 CU yards of concrete.

I would like to motorize the tilt over feature to be used in the field.  I am looking for recommendations.

I you have other helpful hints I am all ears!

Mike W0MU