Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped Antenna in the "formal" literature?

To: Jim Lux <jim@luxfamily.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped Antenna in the "formal" literature?
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:48:02 -0600 (CST)
Hey Jim,

As a young kid, wanting to be a ham, I would study
the various ARRL Antenna books (different editions)
about the DZZ antenna, often the W3DZZ, or 3DZZ ...

Here's an APA type cite that might be a start for
what you seek?

Paget, L. (2006). Antenna Workshop-Len Paget GM0ONX explores the W3DZZ and says
that it's a trapped multi-band antenna that shouldn't be discounted. Practical
Wireless, 82(4), 32-35.

And another link (not APA or peer reviewed that provides
a bit more information on W3DZZ himself ... note the link
to a tribute by W8SU with specific details of interest?

http://hamgallery.com/Tribute/W3DZZ/

Hope this helps!

73 Billy, AA4NU