Re: [TowerTalk] Condensation Inside Tower Cable Box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Condensation Inside Tower Cable Box
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:19:08 -0500
Thanks for sharing your solution Shawn.

GL
John KK9A

Shawn Donley n3ae wrote:

Thought I'd re-post with the solution to the problem described below.  I
mounted a small (~ 2") 12vdc muffin fan on the underside of the box using an
enlarged hole that was for an extra cable.  The fan blows outside air into
the box.  The air must escape via space between the cables and grommets, but
likely more via the PVC conduit for my underground cables.  Seems to have
completely eliminated the condensation problem so far.  Completely dry
inside now.

N3AE