Re: [TowerTalk] MA 550 Beeswax?

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MA 550 Beeswax?
From: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:07:12 +0000
The old-time cabinet makers used beeswax as a "polish" type coating for the
interiors of drawers, cabinets, wardrobes etc. Turpentine is used to dissolve
the beeswax. The mixture is rubbed on the bare wood and buffed with a soft
cloth.  Leaves a soft satin finish and for most people a pleasant smell. Just
add the turps a little at a time to the wax in a lidded container. Break up the
wax into chunks to increase the surface area and speed the process. Every hour
or two poke at the mix and stir it up a bit. Takes a few hours for the magic to
happen. Control the viscosity by the amount of turps you add. Stores forever in
a container with a tight-fitting lid. No heat, and the associated risk,
required. Excellent lube for wood screws as well. Unlike soap it doesn't
attract moisture.

73
Patrick, W7TMT