Re: [TowerTalk] Shack to service entrance ground

To: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>, "[TowerTalk]" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shack to service entrance ground
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 20:34:57 -0400

- You could conceivably hook the rod to the "greenwire" ground and
call it done.
Only if you wish to destroy the majority of your equipment and risk
a shack fire with every thunderstorm.  Connecting the antenna/tower
ground to the power line safety ground (meter ground rod) through
the green wire will guarantee that any difference between tower
"ground" and power "ground" will equalize through the equipment!

At a minimum you will almost certainly destroy the RS232/USB interface
on your rig and the RS232/USB port on the computer.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV