Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:12:25 -0800
On 2/19/2023 8:17 PM, Wes Attaway wrote:
All I have ever done with antenna wire

After working for a while with wires at 125 ft in trees that can move a LOT in the wind, and conditions that get the wire vibrating, I've learned that soldered connections can get brittle and lead to failures. Copper split bolts avoid that problem. In 16 years, I've had only one failure to to corrosion. It was a year ago, and it was at the center of the 160M TX Tee built with stranded #10 THHN, that had been up for that long.

73, Jim K9YC