Re: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotors and Swinging Gates

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotors and Swinging Gates
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 11:39:29 -0600
John,

I replaced the stock mast clamp on my 2800 with one that K7LXC used to sell via championradio.com .  I don't think he sells it any longer.

I picked it over the K7NV style for ease of installation.  The K7LXC option uses several u-bolts (I think 6 u0bolts if I recall correctly).  I was able to remove the old clamp and install the new clamp without having to move the rotor or raise the mast.  If you go the K7NV version  (available from dxengineering) you'll need to lower the rotor or raise the mast.

In your case, since it will be a new install, the K7NV clamp is probably the way to go.

I just checked DX engineering and I don't see the K7NV clamp. They used to pair it up with their new RT4500HD rotor.   Maybe Tim, K3LR, can jump in here with a suggestion.

Rich - N5ZC