[TowerTalk] Fwd: Anchoring

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Anchoring
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 02:33:06 +0000 (UTC)
 I used the same type as the utility companies. They are a lot cheaper if you
buy them from a utility supply house.
Anyhow I put them in with the hep of a sledgehammer and a break-iron. We were
two to do it. You turn the helix anchor as far as you can. then you hit it a
few times with the sledgehammer and continue turning. The idea is that the
screw-anchor should be set in "undisturbed soil" to get maximum strength.

de N2JFS - Hans