Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing the Inside diameter of a 1 inch outside diame

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Increasing the Inside diameter of a 1 inch outside diameter Alum pipe.
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:56:55 -0700
Yes, there is one *almost* fit of ham interest (1 to 1-1/4 sch40), IF the pipe is round and the weld seam inside is small. I've done the boring bar and od turning make them fit, but sure don't like doing on the dirty crap steel of welded pipe. 6063 pipe is a less PITA.

A "triple" oddball fit is sch10 Al 1-1/2 to sch40 1-1/4 to inside sch80 2" pvc as used in the original W6NL 40m Moxon driven element insulator. Took some heating of the PVC but it worked.

Grant KZ1W