Re: [TowerTalk] Declination - Does it matter?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Declination - Does it matter?
From: Don <w7wll@peak.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:58:23 -0700
Chris,

I'm up the coast from you. Lot lines in this state are on a true N. Just line up with that. Close enough works. Doubtful that the receiving end of your signal or your signal reception will likely know the difference whether your beam (assume you meant that and not your tower) is pointed true north or magnetic north - unless you've discovered a new secret beam better than those presently on the market. IMHO close is close enough. I use a TH7DXX  and an A3WS and a HF signal received is about the same strength for _at least_ 15 degs each side of spot center. Being dead on IMHO only makes one feel better!

Don W7WLL