Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: NA activity + Inv-L corner insulator

To: W3HKK@roadrunner.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: NA activity + Inv-L corner insulator
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:37:34 -0400
The problem with a rope jamming in a pulley is that the rope (or cord)  is "too small" for the pulley. The situation you describe can happen quite easily if you are using "parachute cord" for example with most  most big box off the rack pulleys.

I use the pulley approach with  counter weights ( old window sash weights) on the rope going through the pulley to keep constant tension of the rope when the wind moves the tree back and forth. Typically these last a minimum of 2 to 3 years. typically 3/8" or larger rope and an appropriate sized pulley to match the rope

Dave

NR1DX