Re: [TowerTalk] tower climbing shoes or boots - suggestions needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower climbing shoes or boots - suggestions needed
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 16:09:14 -0400
I've also used those Vasque over-ankle hiking boots for tower climbing.  Unfortunately, I was cleaning out the garage last year and YF saw these 50-year-old boots and convinced me to recycle them.  They provided great ankle support, especially while I was aloft on my Trylon tower with its diagonal-only cross bracing.  I now have a pair of Red Wing mid-calf, dielectric, steel shank work boots, from when I worked at the local electric utility.  (I never climbed a utility pole with them.)  They're also great for general work but the ankle support is not as tight as with the shorter Vasque.  FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F