Re: [TowerTalk] TX-472MDP cable replacement instructions

To: fritz@k4oaq.com, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX-472MDP cable replacement instructions
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:43:23 +0000
Fritz - Recall that the TX-472MDP is a constant tension system. I have the same
tower and have replaced the cables and some pulleys twice since I bought it new
 in 2010. The first time I had a US Tower tech do it, but their prices have
gone into the outrageous range! The last time - about 3 yrs ago - I hired
KC1XX, Matt Strelow, who flew down in his plane from NH w/ one helper and
re-cabled my tower in 2 hrs (I had all the cables from US Tower) - I had it
tilted over w/ antenna off. I am sure it would have taken me a week plus to do
what they did in 2 hrs! Matt and team then went to another local Ham and
recabled his HDX 472 which was still vertical and carrying his beam and other
antennas in another couple of hrs . . . and then flew home to NH! The cost was
much less than UST's estimate by half.

So, suggest you call KC1XX or another pro and pay for somebody who knows what
they are doing! . . . unless you are a pro at this challenge.

73, Alan K9MBQ