Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OCFD: Should I be able to do better?
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 10:20:17 -0400
For a number of years while I lived in a townhouse I used an inverted-V fan in the trees behind the house with 10M, 20M and 40M elements.  The 40M elements had W9INN coils near the ends to permit 80-meter operation.  The woods had more than one unlikely heavy object (like box wrenches and even, sadly, a roll of solder) permanently suspended by their throwing lines from branches.

That said, I'm a convert to the Carolina Windom type of OCF dipole.  I think it may be a function of the radiating vertical segment of feedline (above the line isolater) , but it really plays on 80 and 40.  One caution, though - it's unusable on 15 meters.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.