[TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?

To: "kj6y--- via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 09:15:03 -0700
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 08:57:10 -0700
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?

<It's an awesome part, along with its predecessor the LT3042 and now they
<have negative versions of them.
<And for those that care, it's not subject to single event latchup.

<However, in? *this* application, I'm seeing big (>50V) inductive
<transients from relays and motors, and those would be quick death for
<those parts.? So I'm thinking I'm going to be getting some Tranzorb
<devices (basically back to back zeners) to clamp the transient.

##  why cant  u wire a RVS  connected diode across the relays  and motor
windings ?
On paper, that should clip off the transients asap.   Then use whatever  filter
 you want after that.

Jim   VE7RF