Re: [TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 12V transient/noise filtering?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 08:46:38 -0700
I would point out that the LT3045-1 has provisions built
into it to combine multiple instances of the chip to
provide max current that is a multiple of 500 mA.
The scheme avoids wasting significant power in so called
"OR'ing" resistors (that force equal current sharing)
by running all chips from a common reference voltage,
which you can't do with ordinary voltage regulators.

The LT3045-1 has a very high PSRR bandwidth so you probably
don't need any filter inductors.

As was pointed out, it's not for every application, but
it does have some nice features.

Rick N6RK