[TowerTalk] XM240 40M Moxon Conversion

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] XM240 40M Moxon Conversion
From: Fred Sanborn <cc-6569@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 16:13:09 -0600
It has been years since I made the conversion of my CC XM240 to a 40M Moxon antenna.  It has sat in my basement and I still have yet to get it up on the 100' R55 tower.  I am expecting to finally do that this season.  I have a couple questions if I may ask here.

1.  I have wound 2 CM Chokes from K9YC's cookbook designs using 14 turns of RG400U on a 2.4" OD #31 mix toroid.  I am planning on using both in series to the feed point.  Do I need any thing else?

2.  I remember reading something about someone having a breakage of the CC Al channel holding the element to boom.  I was unable to find that reference again.  Could the channel be re-enforced by the use of an additional AL plate on the back of the channel or some other remedy?

    Thanks.  Tower talk has always been a great resource of information.

        73,  Fred  KG9X