Re: [TowerTalk] Rope

To: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>, JOHN OWENS <ham38john@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 13:57:58 -0800
I fail to understand why these would be more jam resistant due
to the mere fact that "the pulley rim is even with the frame of
the block."  That is only true for part of the pulley rim.  The
top quarter or so of the rim (near the "R" in Harken) is exposed
to a tall frame similar to conventional pulleys.  You could also
have the rope come off the lower part of the pulley and wrap
around the frame, which cannot happen with conventional blocks.

I don't claim to know anything about pulleys; just trying to
understand what you are saying.

73
Rick N6RK