Re: [TowerTalk] Need manual for EF-180S

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need manual for EF-180S
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 08:20:14 -0700
As others said, the EF180x design is swaged tubes with steep tapers and thus pretty useless as a template for a wire antenna. (and hard to model) I would measure the coil inductance, probably all that matters since F12 likely has the SRF in an ok place. Then plug L into EZNEC and find a placement that resonates with your total wire length. Might be a good project for AutoEZ, especially if you include the tower model.

Grant KZ1W
Tornado tuned EF180C w/o LL @ 100ft