[TowerTalk] "experts" on loading towers on low bands

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "experts" on loading towers on low bands
From: John King via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 14:57:21 +0000 (UTC)
I have been looking at the posts of the "firing squad" on towertalk and did not
realize there were so many experts who are so highly educated and possessing
the "ultimate factual truth on the subject of feeding a tower" to "pooh pooh
EVERY other hypothesis of feeding a transmitting tower EXCEPT THEIRS.
I am not denying that their opinions may have merit but with nearly 50 years of
trial work as an attorney, cross examining engineers (qualified as experts by
the COURT), I have found that EVERY expert Engineer witness is always faced by
another EXPERT witness on the other side of the litigation who testifies the
opposite "expert opinion". Their calculators may be exact however their
reasoning about exactness gives them wiggle room and I have seen many many
experts run out of wiggle room. Their calculators may be exact but their
opinions on application may not be exact.

I have been licensed as an amateur for 61 years and licensed by the FCC as an
"old", prior to "dumbing" down, First Class Radiotelephone licensee for many
years. Throughout about half of my life, I have work in Commercial AM, FM Radio
and Television. I still do not know a lot about anything. However, I do know
that there is more than one way to skin a Cat and if you don't kill it first
you will likely get scratched.

Obviously, I am appalled at the myopic outlook upon the ideas of other's ideas
and suggestions. My question is have you actually tried ALL of the methods of
feeding a tower and after all, the "beloved ARRL" accepted and published the
article. I am ready for the firing squad but I will never be blindfolded. You
can only learn new and better things with your eyes open !!! So much for
advocating "the exact science"
73, John, K5PGW

fR