Re: [TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:29:03 -0700
Was the antenna installed with pulleys and a weight on one end?  Any antenna rigged between trees without that method WILL be on the ground when the wind blows hard.

I use Synthetic Textiles antenna rope sold by several ham vendors. It's good stuff, but the outer jacket of the 5/16-in rope eventually frays and breaks where it goes through the pulleys, and must be replaced. I've gone to the 7/16-in rope for my high dipoles between redwoods.  In this rope, the strength is the interior white rope, while the black outer jacket protects it from UV.

73, Jim K9YC