Re: [TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Durability of Mastrant rope
From: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:16:20 -0500
I use 3/16" black Mastraint double braid rope for my wire antenna's and have not had an issue.  I also use large screw in eye bolts into the trunk of trees (~12 inch dia) that support the end of the antenna's to attached the rope too.  I also support the center insulator off of my TV tower using the rope and attach the feed line to the tower using nylon UV resistant tie wraps.  I leave a little slack in the antennas to allow for wind.  The antennas have been up for 3 years and have not had any issues here in Northern Illinois.

YMMV

Chuck K9LC