Re: [TowerTalk] Solid 160 radial plates?

To: "'Donald Chester'" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solid 160 radial plates?
From: "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 06:34:00 -0500
Actually, silver bearing solder (15%) is called by the trade name of Silfos
(which is probably a brand of silver solder).

It's not used by the plumbing industry per se.. It's used in the HVAC trade
for refrigeration/air conditioning tubing welding.

That's why you see the fittings in HVAC are black, because they have been
heated to red hot and braised with Silfos.

There are lower values of silver bearing solder out there, but 15% is best
and a bit expensive.

73
Jim W7RY