Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Antenna element diameter \ length calculation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Antenna element diameter \ length calculation
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 06:58:14 -0400
The vertical height-to-diameter correction factor is discussed in Volume 2 of the ARRL Antenna Compendium. Getting a result first requires computing the height-to-diameter ratio -- which you already know. The ratio is then plotted on a graph that shows a correction factor, "C. " The result is applied to the equation: Length = 246C/F.

Paul, W9AC

I am helping a friend with an 80 meter 4 square vertical.
Can someone tell me how to calculate the difference in length when 4"
aluminum pipe is used for the elements verses wire elements?

Thanks
Gary K4FMX