Re: [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:45:26 -0700
On 3/22/14 3:09 PM, Bryan Swadener wrote:
Jim,

That sounds like a L-O-N-G connection from Mars,
to Earth ground!

[ducking for the upcoming Stooge slap]

That's why we have white knuckles until we're on the surface. Because everyone knows you can't have a decent radio without a connection to ground. We DO of course, write JPL in Morse Code as Curiosity drives around.

I don't know what they'll do in the UK, because on Mars, getting an electrical connection to earth would take a long wire.
[And now I'm ducking to avoid brickbats from Ian and others...]
[Shall I throw in a Lucas, the prince of darkness, joke?]