Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR
From: "Doug Scribner" <dscribner@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 18:30:05 -0500
GE,

When I posted my question earlier I did not want this to become a debate as to the pros and cons of my Mosley. In fact I considered not mentioning it my name except that I wanted everyone to have all the facts.

I am well aware of the writings concerming this and other yagis on the market. And I know that this antenna is being asked to do a lot considering its size. And I recognize that it is just about 1/2 wavelength high thus contributing to what effect its surrondings have.

This antenna perfectly fit my requirements when I put it up and continues to perform exceptionally well, even with its "minor" 40 Meter issue. The increase in my country count over the last 6 weeks has been amazing...on all the bands covered.

This is the second Mosley at my station. The first is a TA-53M @ 43 feet on a seperate tower. If I was to do it over again, I would not hesitate to choose exactly what I have.

For those following my original post, today I dropped 1/2 of the 160 low dipole with no change.

Doug - K1ZO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Solomon" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>