Re: [TowerTalk] How Do I Schedule a Freight Pick-Up?

To: 'Larry' <w6nws@arrl.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How Do I Schedule a Freight Pick-Up?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:04:28 -0400
There are two ways to do this that I know of:

Hire a light specialty trucking company.  Often they also do local household
moves.  Probably the most expensive option.

Call one of the many LTL* carriers - Con-Way, Old Dominion, Yellow, Estes -
there are a million of them.  Rates are based on weight and distance.  As long
as the manufacturer can load the tower and you can figure out a way to unload
it, you shouldn't need any special services.

Al
AB2ZY

* - Less Than a Load