Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming up big stuff

To: towertalk@contesting.com, guy_molinari@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tramming up big stuff
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:51:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2011 10:04:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  This will be a busy summer for me as I have a number of  yagis to get up
before the fall season.   I don't have alot of  experience doing tower work
but I did manage to get most of my AB-105 in the  air.  I've got 2 towers
of about 150 feet each.   Now it is  time to get the antennas up.

>  I have a 40M4LLDD and 20M6A to  tram up the tower.   Also I have a KLM 6
element 15M and also a 6  element 10M.   Both towers have 10 ft of mast
above the top  section.   My plan is to put the 40M beam on one tower 2 ft
above  the top of the tower and the 10M beam at the top of that mast.   A
similar configuration on the other tower with the 15 over the top of the  20.

>  I want to do this safely of course with a minimum time  committment from
the ground crew.   That means good planning up  front.

>  So, my question to the group is how do I do  this with minimal pucker
factor and maximum fun.  Yeah, and the money is  pretty much all spent.

    So apparently you haven't read the tramming  chapter in my UP THE TOWER
book available from _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)
. It's all in  there. Aside from a crane, it's my favorite way of getting
antennas up or  down.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH