Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?

To: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering 66-Foot Vertical?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:47:47 -0400
Oh dear...  I don't think that is a good plan.   After erecting my
43 footer, I do not think it would be a good 43 foot mast to hold
a dipole.   Maybe only ten or 15 feet of it would do that safely.
There is way too much whip in it.   It tapers down to about as
big as you little finger.  The 66 footer does also - it just does it
using 6 foot and not 3 foot sections.

larryjspammenot@teleport.com wrote:

interested in the construction of the 66' DX Engineering vertical,
not to use as an actual vertical antenna, but to mount in a tripod
on my roof and then use it as a tall support for an 80M inverted vee.