Re: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts

To: "'Barry'" <w2up3@verizon.net>,"'Kim Elmore'" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:33:40 -0400
I've had mixed results with Hy-Gain rotor bolts. The bolts loosened up on
one of my Ham-IV rotors that's mast-mounted on an AB-577, but stayed tight
on another identical setup and on an identically-mounted Tailtwister on
another AB-577. I later moved the Tailtwister to a standard in-tower
mounting and it appears to be fine. I used Loctite on the Ham-IV that
slipped and haven't had a problem with it since. I'm not convinced the
Loctite is necessary if you use lock-washers and really tighten the bolts
down as hard as you can without stripping them. Checking the rotor bolts at
least once a year is a good idea.

73, Dick WC1M