[TowerTalk] Tower/Interior Cabling Hardware.....

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower/Interior Cabling Hardware.....
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:06:05 -0800
Folks:

We are de-mothballing the Jamesburg Earth Station.  (Near Monterey CA)

Gonna put  the  steerable 30 meter dish into Moonbounce service soon.  The
20,000 square foot AT&T ground station central office has been dismantled,
most racks and eqt have been removed, and there remains a HUGE amount; PILES
of the interior cabling hangars and hardware.
Probably 10 pickup truck loads of beautiful large diameter, clean threaded
rod, nuts, bolts,  unistrut, heavy steel brackets, mounts, wire trays  (like
ladders if mounted vertical) etc etc... also tons of flourescent overhead
lighting fixtures

What you would see inside a typical cell site, building, but 20,000 sq ft
worth.....
See:
http://www.longandflatsociety.com/Galleries/JamesburgEarthStation/tabid/466/Default.aspx
or:
Or http://www.jamesburgstation.net
and

http://www.longandflatsociety.com/   Click on Galleries; Jamesburg

For a slideshow through the Earth Station
Somewhere in the slide show is a glimpse of the hardware in steel shelving..

The threaded rod, some 3/4",1" dia, and nuts, bolts, brackets,  alone weigh
probably a ton.  The owner wants to sell and have this hauled away...Bring
probably a Semi Trailer and a heavy flat bladed shovel, sturdy boxes, and a
strong back...

I will try to get pictures.  If interested, email  me.

73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com;
Skype: Sparky599