[Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn rotator plate for 25G
From: GEORGE PRITCHARD <ab2kc@optonline.net> (GEORGE PRITCHARD)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:03:38 -0500
Gentlemen,
I'm surprised that nobody has designed a "two piece" Rotor plate assembly that
can be assembled inside the lower section of the 25G tower to mount a rotor.
I'm sure it can be done... Two thick "1/2 size steel plates strapped together
with a pair of thick steel cross plates and four bolts++" would do it. It could
be designed to "drop out" from under the rotor when the rotor needs to be
yanked out, assuming a good thrust bearing is supporting the mast to the top of
the tower. I have a crank-up, so I have no need for it. Anyone have autocad to
make a drawing so it could be brought to a machine shop to cut the pieces out
of steel, and drill the holes for the bolts? Just a thought.
George AB2KC

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---