[Towertalk] Tower and Tower Party Pics

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower and Tower Party Pics
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:54:23 -0600
on 1/14/03 4:33 PM, WW3S at ww3s@zoominternet.net wrote:

> two climbers (plus ginpole and beam) at the top of unguyed 25g?? normal??

The tower was (and is) guyed at 25 feet (so noted on the page).  So, in
reality, they were less than 30 feet above the first set of guys.  Clearly
w/in specs.

I had to un-guy the tower and correct the position of the two guy brackets a
couple weeks after it was up.  I undid the top set first, climbed up and
repositioned the bracket.  It really wasn't that bad up there with no guys
for the last 30 feet.  I was surprised.  I felt much less safe at 25 feet
with just the top guyed when replacing the middle guy bracket.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden