[TowerTalk] Identifying EHS wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identifying EHS wire
From: ag0n@arrl.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:46:04 -0600
On Fri, 4 May 2001 16:37:27 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> Next itt has left-hand lay which means the strands wind to the left.

Steve... I'm quite interested in this too, as I have a roll of new stuff
that I think is EHS.  "Wind to the left" means what?  If viewed from the
end, following a strand away from you will go CCW?  Or, will it be CCW
coming toward you?  To me, it would be CCW coming toward me.  FWIW, mine
is 7 strand, very stiff, and CCW going away from me (what I would call
right-hand as viewed from the side).

Thanks for clarifying.

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net