[TowerTalk] Trap Resonance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trap Resonance
From: cattell@fit.qut.edu.au (Peter Cattell)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:43:58 +1000
Jim,

how did you measure the TH6 trap resonant frequencies?  I tried using a Dip
Meter. I wrapped 3 turns around the trap, 3-4 turns around the Dip Meter
coil using the 16-45MHz range, and got no dip.  I then wrapped about 30
turns around the trap ang got about a good dip at about 31MHz for the 10m
trap.  I suspect however that I was really measuring the effect of the 30
turns of wire interacting with the trap.

I note also that the trap covers are DC connected to both the cold and hot
ends of the traps.  This surprised me as I thought the cover formed part of
the capacitance for the trap circuit as for my previous beam.

All comments welcome!

Peter