Re: Topband: HEBA antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: HEBA antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:25:07 -0700
On 4/19/2024 10:27 AM, Henry Pollock - K4TMC wrote:
Isn't this basically a vertical dipole with capacity hats. I will admit
that the top capacity hat is prettier than the copper foil bottom hat.

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. Tom Schiller, N6BT, developed and mfd several designs, both for portable operation and for permanent installation.Tom was the engineer/owner of the original Force 12. Based on his work, W6GJB and I developed and built several versions for 80M FD and county expeditions. The Gap Titan, Hi-Gain AV-series, and Cushcraft R-series are multi-band vertical dipoles.

Ten years ago, I published this study showing that elevating vertical antennas increases their radiation efficiency and can also lower the angle of their main lobe in the vertical plane.

http://k9yc.com/VerticalHeight.pdf

73, Jim K9YC