Re: Topband: Any Chinese stations with Big Sigs operating on 160?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Any Chinese stations with Big Sigs operating on 160?
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:57:50 -0700
In the case of that 160 meter dipole it was almost always better as a receive antenna for 80 meters. It was better at rejecting ferocious local QRN than the 80 meter inverted-V. Absolute signal level always dropped owing to the mismatch, but the noise level dropped even more improving SNR (from really deaf to pretty deaf). I am sure there were cases where the 80 meter inverted-V was better, but that was the exception not the rule.

I agree that Ken has the nice problem of having lots of antennas to chose from for RX :-)

73, Mike W4EF............