Re: Topband: 9M2AX finally after 15 years

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 9M2AX finally after 15 years
From: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:35:45 -0600
Yes, a real effort on both ends. . .congratulations.   Is there anyone active on TB active from 9M6?

73. . . Dave, W0FLS

On 2/13/2024 10:59 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
A great accomplishment that took 2 die-hard real TopBand men to make happen.

I always enjoyed the short writeup.  Good job both Steve/Ross.

A slight aside, but when I first worked a 9M on 160m there were several of
us in the Maritimes trying and on this particular day only one of us made
it.(myself)..no, this isn't leading up to a brag...on this particular day I
was the one using the WORST antenna out of our group as my main inverted L
was down.  I think it was a very low 160m dipole (or possibly full wave
loop) at 20 or 30'.

Still amazes me to this day what antenna is "sometimes" better in a small
percentage of cases.  I have a couple similar stories for 6m dx "back in the
day".

Keep up the great work you do Steve.    I enjoy your vids and posts here.

Cheers

Mike VE9AA

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada

Searchable Archives:http://www.contesting.com/_topband  - Topband Reflector