Re: Topband: CONDX CQWW DR5X

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CONDX CQWW DR5X
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 09:14:18 -0800
There was an insanely good opening from here in Southern California to Europe this evening (Sunday UTC) starting around 0600 UTC. It lasted a little over 15 minutes. Signals were Q5 and stations came back to me on the first or second call. It was surreal. I worked 8 European stations, all new multipliers, in that short period. I've experience openings like this to Europe before, but I don't think I've ever experienced one this good in the middle of CQ 160. When the opening ended, it was like someone flipped a switch and conditions were back to normal.

I should say that I was lucky to be operating in the assisted category. I stumbled on to the first station European station while tuning and then I started clicking on spots to work the rest. And to think I almost opted to take a nap before the opening.