Re: Topband: Big Stew - A Wipe-out Down Under/W8UVZ SK

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Big Stew - A Wipe-out Down Under/W8UVZ SK
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 01:11:05 -0800
On 1/2/2024 8:38 PM, Steve Ireland wrote:
On a slightly more serious note, I was sad to hear of the passing of George,
W8UVZ.

I didn't know George, but I appreciate all the contributions he made to our hobby, exemplifying the tradition of "giving back." Anyone who has worked a Topband expedition has benefited from one of his contributions.

As a jr. high school student with a new ticket that local hams had mentored me to obtain, one of them gave me my first rig. Another built a 6M ground plane for me. George was, like them, one of the good guys who made our hobby what it is. RIP, George.

Jim K9YC