Topband: Timor Leste report #9

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Timor Leste report #9
From: Dietmar Kasper <dl3dxx@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 22:18:56 +0100
Dear Topbanders
the plan is to continue  topband operation until Sunday. The latest news are
that
the container with equipment will leave here on Monday to reach the planned
ship departure.
Last night has been poor. We had a thunderstorm with lightnings short before
sunset.
It came from the south over the mountains and went north west making the band
unusable
at US time. Crashes continued full night until sunrise.
Worked few EUs in the morning half hour before sunrise 1xOH2 1xON 3xOM 1xDF6.
Band closed with the sunrise. There was no sunrise peak.
I thought I would understand topband propagation after many activities in the
south
but it always surprises me. Every night is different.
73 Dietmar