Topband: Timor Leste report #8

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Timor Leste report #8
From: Dietmar Kasper <dl3dxx@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 22:24:26 +0100
GM topbanders
started at 10:00 not to miss KP4AA again but no luck. ZL and JA skimmer with
low values and not reported from US.
After 13:00 band opened a little to the southern US with one TX and 2x CA.
Nothing from the north. WA7LNW showed good
signal strength at his sunrise but no QSOs. We still have lot of thunderstorm
crashes makes it hard to hear
anybody. Signals below s5 are down in the noise undetectable.
One hour before sunrise band opened to southern Europe - first time - with
first YOs and some 9A, S5, SV, E7
before OH, SM and SP.Later some Ukraine but no LZ. Before sunrise peak signals
became weak and disappeared.
At sunrise some weak ON, F, G and GM were able to work and soon the band faded
away.
Good to have been here at the right time after low hours during the night.
We will continue to be QRV in CQWW in M/M category, also on 160m with changing
operators. For EU we may transmit
below 1810 with split up to avoid QRM.
73 DXX