Topband: Looking back 11 years ago on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Looking back 11 years ago on 160
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 11:39:31 -0000
I know what you're saying JC . . . we should make the best of things as they
are NOW . . .

But my talking about signals being stronger on Top Band years ago is not
"rose tinted spectacles" . . . I'm talking about actual signal strength (and
not just signal relative to the noise, which of course is much worse these
days).

I've spoken to several people about this, and they agree.

Anyway . . . thanks for the report - did you call me? (if so, didn't hear
you)

There were loads of us Europeans on last night on CW, all calling CQ DX . .
. I didn't hear anybody have any QSOs while I was on. (RBN reports were
reasonable . . . not good, but at least there)

I saw KH8/AA7JV was spotted before I went back to bed . . . but couldn't
hear anything here.

73 Roger G3YRO