Re: Topband: Looking back 11 years ago on 160

To: "'Roger Kennedy'" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Looking back 11 years ago on 160
From: <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:09:04 -0400
Fellow top-banders

Propagation on 160m is always good. The MUF is always well above 1.8 MHz, so
the signal always get into your antenna. The key on 160 is how low is your
noise! The attenuation is the main factor, if the arriving signal is above
noise you can copy it. So,.. you really have work to do at your side.

Perception is a dangerous thing! We only remember the good things, the good
times. If you don't take notes every week about propagation you just don't
have the complete picture to remember it.

Last night, OK1CF was 579. 20 dB above noise floor, Roger you too very
strong. Low attenuation equal great conditions.

However people don't turn on the radio if some web "podcast it"

Conditions is what it is today, now, when you turn on the radio. You can not
work DX on the bast, it does not matter.

The most important equipment I have in my station is a very comfortable arm
chair!

73's
JC
N4IS