Re: Topband: KH8 Demand on TB

To: n4is@comcast.net, "'Topband Reflector'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH8 Demand on TB
From: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:20:57 -0400
Hi JC,
Thanks for the info on propagation. I am sure you are right, but we will be on a north facing beach, with not much chance for LP to anywhere.

EU and NA East Coast will be very challenging, but that is why we do 160.
I will be testing a new vertical antenna for 160 that meets USFWS requirement for a maximum height of 45 feet (13.7 m) and no top loading wires! I am fairly confident that it will work (with salt-water ground) but if necessary, I will extend the antenna to 65 feet and add top loading wires. It may be that we will be a bit weaker in the first few days.

73,
George