Topband: Stew Perry/Lowband Jack from VK6VZ

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry/Lowband Jack from VK6VZ
From: Steve Ireland <stevevk6vz@tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 11:07:33 +0800
G’day

Been leaving 160m mostly here to Kev VK6LW and Phil VK6GX, while I operate on
“VHF”, as Phil calls 10m.

However, I try not too miss a Stew Perry and the fall LBJ is normally an
excellent one here in terms of propagation.

I got out of bed and CQed and listened to noise for a couple of hours from
1530Z (hoping to catch European sunset prop), then dozed for a couple of hours
and came back on an hour before VK6 sunrise and CQed and listened to noise
until the sun came up.

I am ashamed to admit that was so discouraged and sleepy that I watched a crime
drama on TV in the evening instead of catching the North American sunrise. 😉

Think it is the first SP ever for me when I have been on and not made a single
contact. Guess that is sunspots for yer. Back to ‘ten’ for me.

Hope someone somewhere did a lot better!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ (operating as VL6T)