Re: Topband: last night (10/12) on 160

To: Steve Babcock <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: last night (10/12) on 160
From: Charles Morrison <charles.morrison.n1rr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 11:27:03 -0400
My guess is the multiple sustained low-absorption Solar Kp Index is
the main contributor to the EU openings we;'re seeing.
Since October 5 @ 06Z  Kp reading of 5. The next high reading was on OCT 6
@ 21Z Kp reading 3.3, and another peak
on OCT 9 @ 18Z Kp reading 3.3.
Since then the Kp has been 2.2 or less! Three days of quiet will do wonders
all across HF
When the sustain Kp is this good, I try to enjoy HF as often as I can.

Wonders all across HF: 10M last night from eastern W1 was the best Ive
heard since the last solar peak.
My SS 2209Z and the band stayed open to JA until 0100Z.  10M QSOs last
night also included UA0F,L, YB's, DU's, KH0, BV, BY.
Heard BG9NJY in southern Zone 23 nearly 7000 miles (11000km), but no QSO.
This may not be unusual 10M conditions for Zone 4 or Zone 3 residents,
but this day will stand as a TOP-10 10M day for this cycle, it's was great
fun. Very much looking forward to tonight if old'Sol stays good.
-Charlie N1RR
Too dark in the west to allow HS / JT or deeper reach.

--

-Charlie N1RR

401-742-7240 <(401)%20742-7240>  8AM - 9PM

*E-mail*: n1rr@n1rr.com

*Website*: www.n1rr.com

*Youtube channel*: NovemberOne RomeoRomeo

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPDzEf57Ad80cVKOiLZLB7w/videos