Re: Topband: TB - Signs of Life

To: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: TB - Signs of Life
From: Steve Babcock <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 08:26:14 -0600
Yesterday I was listening to Dave work those EU, but I heard nothing.

Last night however, I came to the radio at around 340z to shut things down and
had good copy OK1DOT calling CQ with a strong signal. (my RBN skimmer decoded
him too)
I was very surprised when IC8DAK answered my CQ, followed by OK1CF, LY7M and
OH0Z.  Things seemed to fizzle out around 400z.

My first EU this season was OK1CF back on Aug 27, but I haven’t heard anything
since then till last night.  Lets hope the trans-polar signals continue.

73, Steve, ve6wz