Re: Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: E51D on 160 Tonight
From: Wes Stewart via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 13:46:00 +0000 (UTC)
 George,
I feel your pain.
I'm 1/8 mile from the street and power line, which has recently developed
enough noise to wipe out an AM broadcast station while I'm driving down the
street.  The power company RFI guy has yet been unable to find the source since
it's so widespread.
Yesterday, it became somewhat intermittent and during quiet periods I could
hear you.  I called at 1154Z  and was pretty sure we completed but the noise
popped up just at the end, so I wasn't positive.  Fortunately, it appeared that
enough JAs were keeping you on so I waited until my sunrise when you peaked up
and managed to work you again at 1242Z.  This time I had no question.  I see by
your log, we did work twice.  Thanks!
Wes  N7WS

    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 04:15:45 AM MST, GEORGE WALLNER